Monday, July 9, 2012

The Two of You


The sky is cold and depressing,
But my heart is full of vibrance
As I await to hear from you,
My mind is all in a daze.
Can this all be a fantasy?
Can this passion be false pretensions?
Disillusions of a ravenous thirst
For your poetic fury, I sit and ponder over
Their meanings.
To be split in two, devoted to you both is maddening.
But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
How long will it last?
A few days, weeks, years, a life-time?
If it were up to me a life-time wouldn’t be enough.
I’m sorry if I hurt you,
I don’t mean it intentionally.
I wish there was a way
I could mend your bleeding heart and aching soul.
I wish there was a way we could
See each other, but there isn’t.

Copyright ©1997 – 2012 Karen Elizabeth Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a line down the hole...